Outlook is just a new name for hotmail.com or live.com. Users can log in to their hotmail account using their Microsoft email and password related to that email address. For outlook sign in, you must be a registered user of Hotmail. Signing up for Outlook is totally free.
If you already have an Outlook account and you are having hard time signing in to your account, then here are the step-by-step you need to follow.
Instructions for Outlook Sign In :
- Open a new tab and go to ‘hotmail.com’ or ‘outlook.com’.
- If you or someone has already signed to Hotmail account and you want to log in with different account, then you need to sign out first. For this, click on your account picture from the topmost right hand side of the page. Click on ‘Sign out’.
- If no one has done outlook sign in yet from your device, then login.live.com page will open.
- Type in your email address on the first blank field. Your email can be @hotmail.com, @outlook.com or @live.com.
- On the other blank field, enter the password related to that outlook email address.
- Tick the ‘Keep me signed in’ box in order to save your password for future log-ins. Please do not tick this box if you are signing in from public computer.
- Finally click the blue Sign in button to proceed.
If in case outlook sign in process is not successful, then it must be because you entered wrong email address or wrong password. These two are the most common hotmail login problem. Click on ‘Can’t access your account?’ link from outlook sign in page in case of that. You can leave your queries on the comment box below if you want.
Hotmail.com is one of the best free web-based emails service provided by Microsoft company. Hotmail, now renamed as Outlook has millions of active users all around the globe. You need your own Microsoft account in order to log in to your hotmail account. During signing in, users might have to face Hotmail login problem. Even if you are a active user, unexpected problem may arise.
In this article, we will discuss about some of the common hotmail login problem that user may face :
- Internet connection : Check out the internet connection first before you go to the address hotmail.com or live.com or outlook.com. If there is no internet connection, then you will see message like ‘Page cannot be found’. Contact your ISP if you alone can’t solve the problem.
- Forgotten Email or Password : User may forget their email address or password. If you cannot remember it, then you can reset/change your password very easily. In order to reset your password, follow these steps :
- Click on ‘Can’t access your account?‘ link from the Hotmail login page.
- This will lead you to the reset page. Choose one of the 3 reasons why are you having trouble signing in?
- If you are sure you have totally lost your password and cannot remember it, then select the first reason.
- If you know your password, but still you can’t sign in, then choose the second one. Double check the account you’re trying to sign in to. Sometimes people mistype the email address.
- If you think your account is hacked or you know that someone might be using your account, then choose the third one. Select a reason why you think so from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you have to enter your Microsoft account and the Captcha that you see on your screen..
- Follow the steps, provide your working mobile phone. Then you will receive a code for changing your password.
- Use the new password next time your sign in.
- Spelling Mistakes : Spelling mistake is one of the common mistakes during log in process. Re-check your spelling or try again. Password are always case-sensitive, so make sure you turn off the Caps lock on your keyboard. For e.g. password and PASSWORD are different things.
If you still have any problems regarding Hotmail sign in, then go to Help & Support of Hotmail. You can even leave your question on the comment box below.