Since the Hotmail user has been facing several hotmail login problems and issues these days it may be either image uploading problem, file attachment problem or the inability to read the received email message. Today we are going to discuss on topic or the region why you Can’t Read Message In Hotmail
Lately my very dear friend was facing some problem, the problem was that whenever he clicks on the e-mail it says working on your request and finally nothing happen he can’t access his e-mail from Hotmail. Well these problems can be familiar to you guys too.
So here is the step my friend took to read his massage in hotmail:
- First remove your temporary files from your PC. You can remove such file from Run command (window key + R). Type %temp% in Run command. Now delete the entire file from the folder that opens.
- Check whether or not you’re behind the firewall. You never know, firewall might cause problem sometime. To turn off and on the firewall go to Run and type firewall.cpl.
- Another step is updating your browser because some browser might not support the script and can’t run them so they got stuck. Updating browser might help or getting new browser.
- You should be well aware that your internet connection speed is good enough to load the file or email message so check your connection whether there is problem with your internet connection.
- Update your Adobe Flash player this might be the problem too because your email message might contain some multimedia file which might perhaps need software like flash player to open it so its better update it too.
Internet Explorer Users: Restore the default web browser security levels. If you use Internet Explorer try using Mozilla Firefox instead.
- Update and run your anti-spyware program. If you do not have a program that checks your computer for spyware I recommend installing, updating, and running a full scan of your computer.
- Instead of using your ISP’s DNS servers use the OpenDNS servers.
- Instead of using the webmail interface try reading your Hotmail with Windows Live Mail.
- Confirm if you are using the 64 bit version of ie9 or a 32 bit version because is causing multiple issues using outlook.com/Hotmail.
- Click start and click on all programs and open the ie9 listing near the top that does not say 64 bit.
Also, we would like you to change the settings of your account to automatically use HTTPS. Please follow these steps:
- Go to Hotmail Inbox, on the right pane corner click on Options then More Options.
- Under Customizing Hotmail, click advanced privacy settings.
- Under Using HTTPS for extra security, click on the link Go to HTTPS settings.
- You will be directed to Microsoft account, choose Always use HTTPS when I sign into Hotmail.
- Click Save.
If issue persists still then try rebooting your PC. These will help to read your email message.