If you feel that there is no longer use of your Hotmail account or someone just hacked into your account or you are fed up with all those spams, then you can just deactivate Hotmail account. You can close Hotmail account if you want to use another email provider like Gmail, yahoo,etc, so that you don’t have to go to old account for any new messages. If you have many different accounts within Hotmail and wish to close all other accounts using only one, you can just deactivate all other Hotmail accounts too.
To deactivate Hotmail account, first of all you have to sign in to your account form Hotmail log in page https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa=wsignin1.0&rpsnv=11&ct=1384145789&rver=6.1.6206.0&wp=MBI&wreply=http:%2F%2Fmail.live.com%2Fdefault.aspx&lc=1033&id=64855&mkt=en-us&cbcxt=mai&snsc=1. Do not be confused by log in page you see, as now Hotmail service has been changed to outlook Microsoft service.
- First, find your account name in the upper right hand corner of Hotmail page in browser. Click on your account name.
- Once you clicked your account name, you can see the drop-down list of menu. Just click on the ‘account’ which will be the second option from bottom of drop-down menu.
- You are prompted with Account Overview panel and from this page, you must select ‘Close Account’ option located at bottom of that page.
- Then you are given choice to review the information associated with your account like Windows Live or other Microsoft services. You must change the account to new one for those services before closing Hotmail account if you intend to use those services in future.
- You can have all your associated personal information and email addresses deleted after agreeing to privacy & cookies statement.
- After this, you are suggested to check your Hotmail email address is entered correctly and enter password once again for the verification process.
- And then click on ‘Next’ button which will bring you to the new page.
- Now you can click on ‘Deactivate account’ button which will close Hotmail account and inform you that account has been deleted through pop up message.
- If you change your mind of deleting your hotmail account, you can close this process anytime during progress. But once you click ‘Deactivate account‘, there is no turning back.
Now you are done with closing your Hotmail account and surely you can use other email services or can Sign Up for a New Hotmail Account too.