Feeling good being the part of Hotmail, feeling the microsoft’s clarity and bill gates fantasy? You can have more fun and more easier accessibility now by reducing time to much lesser avoiding all cramping steps of browsing www.hotmail.com, logging in and checking mails. Yes now you have a easy way to access your hotmail account, you can now create a hotmail shortcut on your desktop.
Follow the simple steps below, it’ll not take a minute to create hotmail shortcut on your desktop.
- Right click on your desktop and select New > Shortcut
- In the window that appears which says “type the location of the item“, type in the command below, you can use another tool of Microsoft to copy and paste.
Caution: You have to strictly type or copy exactly as written:
%windir%System32rundll32.exe “%ProgramFiles%Internet Explorerhmmapi.dll”,OpenInboxHandler
- Click on the Next button.
- Now comes a place to type a name for the shortcut (e.g. Hotmail instant access) or any fun name you want to keep like “my lovely Hotmail” and click Next.
- Now, you must have got your icon on your desktop, you can click it to access Hotmail anytime you want.
Note: Fun doesn’t stop here. You can always change the icon associated to this shortcut. Just follow these simple steps.
- Right click on the shortcut.
- Select the Change Icon option
- Select the icon you want to use and click on Ok.
You can always download any icon format from the unlimited web and use it as icon. Fun right? So what about giving a try?