‘Apple’ that change the perspective of technology with its new innovations has delivered many devices for people having unique design and functionality. Apple’s Mac OS was developed for its branded Macintosh computers which is totally different from another most popular OS: Windows developed by Microsoft. Although Hotmail being the product of Microsoft, arch-rival Apple has given facility in its system to integrate Hotmail service as they can’t ignore the fact that more than 360 million people use email services of Hotmail. But in Mac OS computers, the people have to do some settings in Mail app so they are able for Hotmail Login Mac. If you just brought Macintosh computer and wonder how to use Hotmail account in that system, you should follow given instructions to save Hotmail account in Mail of your Mac computer.
Steps for Hotmail Login Mac
- First, go to Mail menu and select ‘Preferences’ which is second option from drop-down list.
- You see different setting categories there. Select ‘accounts’ category i.e second one from left side in top menu bar. Then click on ‘+’ with “Create an account” button.
- Now you will get page to enter some information. Please give your name in ‘Full Name’ input box. Input Hotmail email address (like firstname.lastname@example.org) in ‘Email Address’ and Hotmail password in ‘Password’ input area. Then click on ‘Continue’. You can cancel the process or go back to previous step from here.
- Once you continue from above step, the ‘Incoming Mail Server’ setting page will appear.
In this page, you must select ‘POP’ in ‘Account Type’ option. In ‘Description’ area, you can write anything but ‘Windows Live Hotmail’ will be best to know this account. Input “pop3.live.com” (without quotation marks) in ‘Incoming Mail Server’. Then you have to give Hotmail account address and password before clicking ‘Continue’ to move forward in process.
- After continuation of process, now you will get ‘Outgoing Mail Server’ setting page. Here, give description from previous step under ‘Description’ and type “smtp.live.com” in ‘Outgoing Mail Server’. You must check ‘Use Authentication’ option and insert Windows Hotmail account address and password for ‘User Name’ & ‘Password’ respectively. Click ‘Continue’.
- Then you get ‘Account Summary’ page with all information given beforehand. Now click on ‘Create’ button which will create account and save changes.
You just finished the setting process for Hotmail Login in Mac OS which lets you use your Hotmail account for mailing services from ‘Mail’ application (tool) in Macintosh system.