Hotmail.com is one of the best free web-based emails service provided by Microsoft company. Hotmail, now renamed as Outlook has millions of active users all around the globe. You need your own Microsoft account in order to log in to your hotmail account. During signing in, users might have to face Hotmail login problem. Even if you are a active user, unexpected problem may arise.
In this article, we will discuss about some of the common hotmail login problem that user may face :
- Internet connection : Check out the internet connection first before you go to the address hotmail.com or live.com or outlook.com. If there is no internet connection, then you will see message like ‘Page cannot be found’. Contact your ISP if you alone can’t solve the problem.
- Forgotten Email or Password : User may forget their email address or password. If you cannot remember it, then you can reset/change your password very easily. In order to reset your password, follow these steps :
- Click on ‘Can’t access your account?‘ link from the Hotmail login page.
- This will lead you to the reset page. Choose one of the 3 reasons why are you having trouble signing in?
- If you are sure you have totally lost your password and cannot remember it, then select the first reason.
- If you know your password, but still you can’t sign in, then choose the second one. Double check the account you’re trying to sign in to. Sometimes people mistype the email address.
- If you think your account is hacked or you know that someone might be using your account, then choose the third one. Select a reason why you think so from the drop-down menu.
- Click the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you have to enter your Microsoft account and the Captcha that you see on your screen..
- Follow the steps, provide your working mobile phone. Then you will receive a code for changing your password.
- Use the new password next time your sign in.
- Spelling Mistakes : Spelling mistake is one of the common mistakes during log in process. Re-check your spelling or try again. Password are always case-sensitive, so make sure you turn off the Caps lock on your keyboard. For e.g. password and PASSWORD are different things.
If you still have any problems regarding Hotmail sign in, then go to Help & Support of Hotmail. You can even leave your question on the comment box below.