Information provided to online services and its security is most concerned topic in today’s world. The people have to give basic to highly confidential personal information to service providers in order to use their services. Hotmail being mostly used for its email services, users who may get crucial information via email always concerned about its security. The Hotmail.com has upgraded Hotmail security features time to time. But question still asked “Is it enough?” as account hijackers, spammers, etc are highly active to extract information from their account or give frustrating problems.
The internal security system of Hotmail will always be there and they will do all in their power to keep information secure of their users. In other hand, users should also be aware in making their account more secure by using Hotmail login security features available to them.
Some Tips to Improve Hotmail Login Security
- During sign up with Hotmail.com, you should provide proper information for password reset regarding secret question answer, phone number or alternate email address in case of hacked account in future.
- Never check “Remember me on this computer” and “Remember my password” if you are using other computer than your private one.
- Never allow browser to save your username and password when prompted to do so.
- You can use a single-use code in order to sign in from public computer.
- You must choose a strong password for Hotmail account. You should be careful during choosing password combination of letters, numbers and some special characters.
- Use HTTPS instead of HTTP to make connection secure between Hotmail servers and computer. For this, go to Internet Options, manage SSL and “Select HTTPS automatically”.
- You can create an alias account within your Hotmail account and can designate a separate folder for this alias account inbox. This alias account can be used in less secure websites like online retailers.The real email address will be unknown to them.
Being Hotmail user, if you follow above tips regarding Hotmail login security features, I’m pretty sure that your information being hacked from Hotmail account is less likely. So do follow and keep your account secure.