Hotmail.com, now replaced with outlook.com, is a free web based mailing service run by Microsoft. Hotmail was previously branded as MSN hotmail after Microsoft acquired the independent company in 1997 for an estimated $400 million. It is a must to join MSN Hotmail to be able to access the services. It is totally free and easy to join MSN hotmail. If you do not know how to sign up for your own Hotmail account, then follow the steps below.
How To Join MSN Hotmail ?
- Open your favorite web browser and go to www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com. Both domains will lead you on to the same home page.
- Here you will see the Log In box for the existing users. Below the “Sign In” at the right bottom of the page, you will see “Sign up now”. Click on the link.
- You will then be presented with an online registration form. Here, fill in your first and last name, date of birth, new email and password you desire to create. You can choose either @outlook.com or @hotmail.com as your domain email address, both of which is same and will have no difference in terms of services offered. Choose a strong password while you join msn hotmail
- Click on “Create Account” at the bottom after you are done and follow the instructions on the page to complete your sign up process. Carefully provide the alternative Security Email ID or your phone number for the one-time code, which will later come in handy in case you forget your password.
Now that you have joined the Microsoft Network with your Hotmail account, to log in follow these steps.
- In your web browser, type www.hotmail.com or www.outlook.com.
- As the page loads, you will be presented with the log in box. Fill in your previously created Email ID and the password in the designated boxes correspondingly.
- Click on Sign In. Now you will be able to send Emails, use cloud storage, link your accounts with other services and so on.