Outlook is world’s first web – based mail service founded in 1996 as Hotmail. Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft in 1997 and is currently run as Outlook after Microsoft replaced with Outlook.com which features Microsoft’s Metro design language and is quite similar to the Microsoft Outlook interface. Basic features of this webmail service are Email, sending pictures, attaching files among many others, which also include unlimited storage, and integration with Calendar, OneDrive, People and Skype.
Hotmail completed its complete upgrade to Outlook on April 3, 2013 which let users keep their existing Hotmail accounts and received option of having “@outlook.com” email address.
Outlook Mail Login Steps
- First of all, open your web browser and go to either of the domains hotmail.com, www.live.com, www.outlook.com. All of which will land you on the same page.
- Here on the right side, you will see designated boxes for your existing Email ID and password. Fill in the details with either of your email addresses which could be “@live.com, @hotmail.com or @outlook.com and click on Sign in.
- Now you will be able to access your Microsoft Email account.
For the new users, who are seeking to create their individual Email account, here is the step–by-step guidelines for the process.
- Go to your web browser and type in the address bar outlook.com.
- This will land you on the page from where you can log in by providing your email details.
- But, since you are a new user, at the right bottom of the page, there will be a link saying “Don’t have a Microsoft Account? Sign up now”. Click on Sign up.
- Once the page loads, you will be provided an online form where you will need to provide your personal details such as first and last name, country, birth date etc. and setup your new username, email ID and password.
- While creating your new Email ID, you can choose either “@outlook.com” or “@hotmail.com” as your Email address.
- Once you have completely filled the form, select “Create my account” at the bottom of the page.
- You might need to click here and there, follow the simple guidelines offered by the page and you will have your account within minutes.
Once you are done with Outlook mail login, you can use all the features offered by Microsoft with Outlook mail account holders.