Outlook has replaced hotmail since 2013 and is a web mail service of Microsoft. Though the domain has been changed to Outlook.com all the services provided by Microsoft including the Email address and passwords of the hotmail users remain the same. Outlook comes with features like email, attach files, integration with calendar, skype, people and so on.
One interesting feature of Outlook is Outlook recall message. Interesting, isn’t it? Well, there are certain conditions for you to be able to recall your sent message, but nevertheless, you can easily recall any messages sent accidentally. The message recall service from Microsoft will allow you to either delete or replace the sent message after recalling it. However, these conditions must be met.
- The recipient must be using Outlook.
- The recipient should be connected to the mail service provider.
- Original message should be on the default Inbox folder, or recalling won’t be possible.
- The message recall service won’t work if the message has already been opened and marked as read.
- If the recipient is using cached exchange mode and working offline then as soon as the recipient logs on to the mail service provider the emails will start to synchronize with the cached mode for offline use, which will not allow message recall feature to be successful.
If these conditions are met, follow these steps for outlook recall message
- On your hotmail or Outlook page, click on sent items folder.
- Open the sent message you wish to recall.
- Go to Menu, click on actions and select Recall This Message.
- You will have two options either to simply recall the message or recall the message and replace it with a new one. To recall the message, select “Delete unread copies of this message” and to create a new message to replace the recalled one, enable “Delete unread copies and replace with a new message”.
- Select Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option to get notified about the news of success or failure of message recalling.
- If you chose the replace option, click Ok, type a new one and send it.